Vidya Ashram calls on all college and university educated people to deliberate on the following actions:
- Opposition to the building of elite institutions of higher education.
- Recognition of knowledge in society, knowledge with peasants and artisans, and reflection of this in our writings and public stands.
- Support for proper economic returns on lokavidya; at a minimum buying lokavidya products, and campaigning for it.
- Opposition of policies that restrict peasants and artisans from using their knowledge for economic activity. Opposition to the expropriation of lokavidya by the corporations.
- Campaign for public spending on research in the fields and work-sites by peasants and artisans.
- Work for the dignity of lokavidya by building overlaps between formal education at all levels and lokavidya.