- Lokavidya Ashrams give equal respect to all streams of knowledge and refuse to accept any hierarchy in the world of knowledge.
- They claim equal place for lokavidya in the world of knowledge.
- These are the places from where farmers, adivasis, artisans, women and those engaged in marginal enterprises, namely the people from the lokavidyadhar samaj, derive epistemic energies.
- In these places are held Gyan Panchayats on problems of the society.
- Lokavidya Satsangs are organized in these Ashrams.
- These ashrams shape programs for developing competencies in the areas of language, connectivity, communication and art for the children and youth of the lokavidyadhar samaj.
Towards a people's knowledge movement