- Lokavidya Ashrams give equal respect to all streams of knowledge and refuse to accept any hierarchy in the world of knowledge.
- They claim equal place for lokavidya in the world of knowledge.
- These are the places from where farmers, adivasis, artisans, women and those engaged in marginal enterprises, namely the people from the lokavidyadhar samaj, derive epistemic energies.
- In these places are held Gyan Panchayats on problems of the society.
- Lokavidya Satsangs are organized in these Ashrams.
- These ashrams shape programs for developing competencies in the areas of language, connectivity, communication and art for the children and youth of the lokavidyadhar samaj.
जहाँ गाँव नहीं, वहाँ सभ्यता नहीं!