The first international conference of Lokavidya Jan Andolan (LJA) was held in Varanasi between 12-14 November, 2011. LJA activities are at present spread in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. The following emerged as the consensus in the Lokavidya Jan Andolan (LJA) Conference at Varanasi in November 2011 :
- LJA is the knowledge movement of the lokavidyadhar samaj.
- It places before the society the wide ranging and far reaching claims of lokavidya.
- It develops lokavidya perspectives on various movements of the constituents of lokavidyadhar samaj (farmers, artisans, adivasis, small shopkeepers and women).
- It shapes variety of initiatives to infuse lokavidya perspectives into the movements of the lokavidyadhar samaj.
- It spreads the idea of lokavidya in the world of activists through participation in and active relations with small and local organizations, institutions, struggles, publications and initiatives for connectivity and communications.
- It shapes all its activities in the light of the broad objectives of unity in lokavidyadhar samaj. It is in this unity that it also sees the criteria and tests of lokavidya perspectives.